When you’re pregnant, it’s totally normal to consider what kind of parent you’d be. Choosing your child’s parents through adoption lets you evaluate what kind of parents they will be. But what about you? What kind of parent are you ready to be?
- Are you truly able to provide for yourself and your baby on your own?
- Is the father of your baby likely to help you money-wise and emotionally? If not, will you be able to cope by yourself?
- Do you have school or work that will take up a lot of your time?
- Have family and friends offered to help you care for your child?
- Can you afford to feed, clothe, educate, and get medical attention for your child?
- Can you give your child the kind of life he or she deserves? The kind of life you want for them?
- Are you truly ready to give up your life to become a mom to your baby?
It takes courage to be honest with yourself. Your answers will help you focus on what you want for your baby.