An abortion is either a chemical or surgical procedure in which your fetus is removed from your uterus. Deciding whether or not to end your unexpected or unwanted pregnancy can be a very hard decision to have to make.
By getting all the info you can, talking to your doctor, and giving yourself time, you can make the right choice for yourself.
Think about your current life situation. It’s important to do this before you talk to people about abortion or decide on it. This will give you time to clearly determine the fallout of an abortion without hearing anyone else’s opinion at the same time.
Here are some questions you need to ask yourself:
- Am I ready to be a mom right now?
- Can I manage to have a baby and raise it?
- How will having a baby affect my life? What about my boyfriend’s life and my family’s?
- What are my views on adoption?
- Do I have any religious or ethical opinions about abortion?
- Will I be able to cope with the emotional and physical experience abortion?
- Is anyone pressuring me to get an abortion?
- Is anyone insisting that I keep the pregnancy?
After you’ve pondered over these questions, it’s time to see your doctor. If you think you’re pregnant or have gotten a positive pregnancy test, schedule an appointment with your doctor or OB/GYN. They will be able to tell you about all of your options, including abortion. Your doctor should not pressure you towards any one decision. They’re there to just give you info on your three pregnancy options: abortion, parenting, and adoption. If you think that abortion is the best choice for you, get a list of questions ready to ask your doctor.