Are You a Smoker? Six Tips for Quitting
- Make a list of activities you can do instead of smoking (especially activities that include using your hands, like puzzles or a DIY craft project)
- Think about all the things you could buy for yourself instead of cigarettes. Save the money you’d usually spend on cigarettes to buy these things.
- Recognize your “triggers”—what gives you an urge to smoke? Brainstorm what you could do to avoid them, or handle them differently.
- In place of smoking after meals, brush your teeth, wash dishes, and/or go for a walk.
- Do you always smoke while you’re driving? Clean your car inside and out and put an air freshener inside. Sing along with the radio, or take the bus or carpool if you still feel the urge to smoke.
- Drink tons of water!